When I was waiting for my auntie at a bus stop yesterday, an Indian women approach me and ask me some usual questions, e.g. wat is the time now, wat bus are u waiting for, etc. Then, she saw me reading a text book, so, she asked if I am still a student, and what and where am I studying currently. Ok~ these are all common topics u talk to a stranger.
The funniest question she asked is: "Is Chinese medicine only for Chinese? If not, y is it named as Chinese medicine" >.<''' My answer was: "because it is a kind of medicine derived from ancient Chinese philosophy". BUT, suppose I have to answer this question again, I would asked back another question: "Then, is western medicine only for westerners?" I think this is one of the misconception of common people towards Chinese medicine, even myself, I am still happily exploring the wonders and the naked truth about Chinese medicine.
Another thing she asked, which makes me feel totally disappointed with myself is: "Y do u want to study Chinese medicine after ur 1st degree? u have to think properly before choosing the path for ur future. Or u wanted to study forever as long as u can in ur life?"
My answer: "because this is the future I chose from myself, and medicine=knowledge=life, in which these interest me, and this is how I wanted to live my life".
Another question comes: "so, who pay for ur schooling fees?"
This is the one that make me hate myself most!!
I was wondering, if money, time, age and society is not an issue, I would love to make gaining knowledge as my target of life. BUT, life is just not how u wanted it to be.
AND, if I imagine how i would like myself to die, I picture myself, dying with a pen in my hand, writing a passage/thesis/paper/poem/anything; and on my working desk in my own library full of books i read throughout my life^.^
How wonderful such a scene of death can be^.^
No comments:
Post a Comment