I have been telling this situation or so called “event” to my dear dear, my mom, and my friends, but, I am still not satisfy with what I have encounter, because I don’t have any solution to it, also, I can’t do anything about it.
Ok, here goes….
I have asked a question about pKa and pI value to my biochem lecturer (though me and my friend already have a sense that she can’t give me any further explaination, except that the fact is a fact, case close!). However, I still go to her because I think biochem is her major and what she should be pro at.
This is the question: I heard and seen something lie this in Dr. Kim’s class, but I still don’t know how to calculate and get the pI value if I have 3 ionization group in an amino acid.
Answer: Don’t compare my notes with Dr. Kim’s. What she lecture is her lecture. For my lecture. For my lecture, you have to know how to calculate but it won’t come out in Exam.
Me: So, we don’t have to know how to calculate the pI if we have a 3 ionizable group in an amino acid lor??
L: It doesn’t mean you don’t have to know. You have to.
Ok, by the way, my main question is not being answered yet!
Me: Then, how?
L: What do you mean?
Me: How do we get the pI value if there is 3 ionisable group? Do we have to get the et charge of the amino acid before we can calculate? Cause I can’t understand that in Dr. Kim’s lecture. (Ting~ another time, things that I should not say)
L: That you will have to ask her, that’s in her lecture notes not in mine.
Me: But you have that in your notes also.
L: Show me! Where??!?!
Ok, then, I took out my notes (hers) and show her the statement.
What is her reaction? She look at the statement, repeatly reading it, blur, then calculating with a calculator to try on some values(which proved that she also don’t know how to get the value-I supposed)
Then, what’s next??Repeat to me the fact again and again that we have to use (pKa1 + pKa2)/2 to get pI.
Me: How do we know that the pI is between pKa2 and pKa3?
L: Ok, why do an amino acid have 3 pKa s?
Me: Because they have 3 ionizable group attached to the carbon atom??
L: Right! So, some amino acid have 3 pKa. Do you know what is a pKa??....bla bla bla…Do you know what is equilibrium??(Ok, I just noticed that I have been treated as if I know nothing about chemistry.)
So, what should I do next?? To act as if I know nothing of cause. Not that I want to act, but just for me to get down the stage better, also, I don’t know what to ask her anymore. I just want to finish the whole conversation fast, and get out of the class as soon as possible.
Then, continue some bla bla bla, which I have forgotten what I have said, which my answers are mostly something like Oh….like that. And the whole conversation ends with Thank you Dr.
Conclusion,
I would like to thank Dr Woo Kuan Kit very much (from the bottom of my heart, if u don’t believe that I thank you, I really do). I made myself looked like an idiot, because I some how sensed that you some how visualized me as one ( sorry if I misunderstood you) But, I like people to have their leg on my head, pushed me hard with their feet so as my face is totally invisible to others, (lose my face totally) and have myself think that I am an idiot. Thanks for that, and I really mean it( just to emphasise).
It’s a feeling which I have people look down on me, so that I will push myself harder, don’t be lazy all the time,to make myself want to prove myself to others, and to achieve whatever goal I set for myself.
Thank You Very Much!!
??Should we argue points after a lecture if we don’t quite understand the lecture?
??Is a lecturer, should be a pro in what he/she lectures?
??Can we discuss a point which lecturer A said in his/her lecture, with lecturer B, if we think that lecturer B is a pro and will be a better person to explain the point??
??What does she mean by: what Dr. Kim lectures is in her lecture, you should ask her?
??Isn’t that biology is am overall thing, which is a complementary of all subjects, here and there?
??Does she mean that I should not exit in the questions I ask than what is in her lectures?
??What does a lecturer does?
??Can’t we direct questions(not in lectures) to a lecturer if we think that he/she is a pro?
??Who should we ask questions if we studied something/ or want to know more detail about something?
I am the only person asking “the stupid question”, which I assume everyone in the class should have know the answer,and get bullshitted.
Who in the hell should help me? Where is the friend who supported me to ask the question, when I need his support?I know my English is bad, I just can’t get my question understand by people.
I suddenly just miss my best friend-Suat Hwa, and my dear dear very much.
If they are beside me, they will sure help me when I need help. They can just read my mind.
Sad, down, depressed, miserable, helpless, stupid, idiotic….
I actually wanted to cry when she say something like don’t compare her with Dr. Kim. I know I have said something wrong. But, I know I have to be strong, can’t let people just step over me without having to use any strength.
LET TIME PROVE EVERYTHING!
No comments:
Post a Comment