December 1, 2005

Difference of dad with other people

Since small, I am closer with my dad. I did not want to go into the nursery,just wanted my to be with my dad; every night, went home by mom's car from my nanny's house, but waited for my dad to come back from work; when his car arrived at the door,i felt excited to see him; every sunday is his ironing day, and I will be on the bed, listening to all his stories, and laugh on his every funny movement.... I never know why until now.
This is all because, even though I am still small, very immature, and ask all sorts of questions, he always answer with his heart, giving me all the explainations which I don't really understand, and giving me all the long long examples(till sometimes my mind fly away:P), just to tell me that why things go this way. He never hide anything that cannot be told,which are what "old people" says:"you so small how you know? so kaypo, when you big, you will know".

I know I am very kaypo since I am small, asking all sorts of questions and thinking that I know everything. But dad just answer all my questions without hiding the truth, and sometimes tell me what he have experienced in his office, what problems did his client faced, and how he solve the problem(just that they where just the main point of what he want me to learn from, not the whole thing!they are confidential!). From there, I learn how to see things differently, and not just directly to the point.
At sundays when he does the carpentry, the cooking, cleaning the house, I am always where he were. He will do things while telling me stories and when he found out his mistakes on doing the thing, or he some how found the key way to do the whole thing he is doing, he will not tell me, but to ask me : you know why I do it this way? what if I do it this way? Then, only he tell me the answer and why.

Everytime, when it's movie time, or when he tell me stories, at the end of it, he will ask:'what is the moral of the story?' I sometimes may dowsed off that I don't know how to answer-sorry dad. But then, he will make me learn some values from the whole thing he just told me.

All this makes him different from other people.

Other people, even my other family members-i mean extended family member and also the close ones, like mom and my bro.
Mom never answer my questions. It's that she don't know the answer, or she don't know how to give me the answer without using english words that I from a chinese primary and secondary won't understand even she explain. Or, she will ask me to go ask dad. Even sometimes, I can find that what she is saying is not really what she meant me to do, so, I have to think properly before taking my step.
My bro is always a baby. He always talks nonsense which people think they don't have sense but they actually do. I know, and but sometimes it's just irritating.
For extended family members, I don't have to elaborate one by one.
They just tell you things that you may not agree, but you can't tell them you don't and HAVE to do them. You can't argue, cause it's disrespect. You can't cry for your distress, as you will not safe your pride with that. You can't stand up with your point of view, as they are your "elderly" and the "eat salt more then you eat rice", every phrase they say is right and never wrong.

As a conclusion, I have learn to be a better person, a more understanding person all because of my dad who tell me all the truth bout life. And I have learn to "tapis" people's words with care, and learn how to choose words and say a phrase in a "rounded" way, so as to not hurt the person's feelings.
I love every1 in my family...But, tell me the truth! I am not afraid of getting hurt, I just want to know the truth! why? because I am kaypo? NO!! it's because I am part of YOUR family!
JUST DON MAKE ME USE DIFFERENT VISION TO SEE YOU!!

1 comment:

NESOHU said...

Yeah, and you're not a baby once?

"tapis" = filter

What's it like being a grown up?