August 8, 2006

Robbery & Safety

Robbery around TAR area have been a headline in every newspaper in the past few weeks, and ppl who have the phrase saying that its not safe to bring a hand bag around, or it's not safe to walk alone(without frens) , or it's dangerous to take a bus/taxi alone, are everywhere u mention.

However, as in my opinion, one can't just get their consciousness only after something terrible ( or I should say, something that have been on the headline) happen.
To beware, have to be careful all the time, not only after something happen.

Actually, one can't control things that might happen to them. But, to take precausion is very important (this, I know very well myself).
For e.g.: not to walk on streets that seems to urself as deserted, not to wear clothings that show too much of ur bare skin, not to wear jeweraly, not to bla bla bla.....

That's too much to be mentioned as an example in this case or any other.

It's seems to be weird that ppl start to talk about something that seems to be happening everyday only after the news have reported it as very serious.
Robberies are actually everywhere, not to mention bout the rape case that happen a few years ago, where at that time, women, ladies and girls are very aware bout their safety. But now, do they still remember wat haunt them then?
Humans!! When things start to cool down, and not a hot topic as then, they will start to forget the whole incident like it never happen before.

I know how to take care of myself quite well. I know wat precausions I have to take to move myself in safety zone. Coz, I know that no place on earth is safe, but all we can do is to try to avoid them.

No comments: