Everyday, we grew up a little physically, doesn't bother u want it or not, it happens~ but talking about growing up mentally, there is no where that it suppose to stop, that one day, u don't have to learn any new things in life, and that u can living just by hugging ur past, and the tradition, or routine~ well, I mean~ some can really live life with those thoughts, but then, that's really not to live life.
We, in the age that those old ppl say "young", or "just a kid", part of our responsibility is to learn, and to grow up mentally. However, those "old ppl", our parents, or grandparents, they too have to grow up, and keep up with time. Because, one just can't live life by always say: "u know~ last time ar~ I use to......" watever, it's the past already, I know one can learn and gain experience from the past, but, life is just more than those things u gain, or the things or memories u most proud of in the past~ they are just a part of ur memory.
The 1st thing for parents and grandparents or even close relatives to "grow up" in is, to let go of those responsibilities u held in the past, or even in present~ erm...i don't mean immediately, but to release bit by bit. For example, for "kids" like us, those beginning of 20+, we are suppose to learn how to be responsible of ourselves already. Its like~ we know that u guys are freaking worried bout us, ur children, but pure worries do no help~ Statistics and analysis, plus thinking without emotions interfering, is more important in getting solutions, or let things go.
For example, I told my cousin that suppose to come to KL to study starting next week~ so, it's like, I am some1 that she suppose to rely on in KL, coz she've nv been away from home~ so~ I was thinking that I might give her some moral support, and calm her feelings a bit by making an effort to go see her next week~ but her mom was like:"ask her not to go see u la~if not, if anything happens to her, who will be responsible?" Well~ auntie, if I think that I can go, means I analysed every situation d, and of coz, I will be careful and take good care of myself~ I will be the one responsible to myself~ if not, after so long staying alone and doing all those things in KL, u think some1 is suppose to track me down and put pause button on me? NO WAY~I will always find solution for any problem that come into place.
Like I told my cousin sis, our parents are not young already, they are like 50+ or even 60+ d~ so, from the numbers, they are suppose to start enjoying their life d. Its our time to be concerned bout them, not the other way round.
Another thing, like I said in my previous blog, every1 is growing up. Even my parents are growing up together with me and my bro. I teach my mom how to use MSN, and now, she's like can't live without MSN working :p And my dad, he's picking up modern thinking quite fast, like to save the environment, not to buy newpapers, and to read them online~well~ he's still "1900" in some sense, but~it have its advantage in having some traditional ppl around, just to pull the hand break in between, just in case we go overboard~
Life's like that~ if u doesn't want to learn from the start and all the way thru the end of ur life, and think that u are "know everything" person, u will just be always living in the past for the rest of ur life~ and make other ppl's life suffer, I mean~ ur kids~
p/s: do u ever really get to know how ur kids feel bout wat ur opinions are? or do u ever concerned bout how ur parents feel bout ur opinion? do u ever make 2 way communication, find the real problem and find the solution to them?
I feel very lucky that I am born in a family with parents that have an open mind^.^
2 comments:
I went KL last week...you growing up d lo...the next time i meet u..duno what you will transform into...hahaha....longing for it...dun miss me...
Hehe~ hope I will be growing up everyday till the day I "do re me" :p Don worry~ won't miss u^.^
Post a Comment